5 900 000 € EUR
1. MAIN CHARACTERISTICS
TYPE Sailing Yacht
HULL NO Y0105
IMO NUMBER 9613800
CALL SIGN V2ZM
BUILDER Factoria Naval de Marin
NAVAL ARCHITECT Max Oertz
EXTERIOR DESIGN Loell, Peenamünde SDC, Hamburg Insenaval, Vigo
INTERIOR DESIGN Matthias Oertz & Oliver Design
CONSTRUCTION Steel Hull, Teak Decks
CLASSIFICATION Germanischer Lloyd 100 A5 MC
LY2 MCA Commercial
FLAG Antigua & Barbuda
ENGINE 1 x 402Hp Deutz AG – BF6M1015MC, Diesel
GT 179 tons
DISPLACEMENT 279 tons
LOA 59.74m / 196’
LOD 47.21m/ 154’10’’
LWL 32.94m/ 108’7’’
BEAM 7.85m / 25’9’’
DRAFT 5.49m / 18’
3. SPEED & RANGE
MAXIMUM SPEED 16 knots
CRUISING SPEED 12 knots
FUEL CONSUMPTION 55 litres/hour
RANGE 2,000 nm
ACCOMMODATION 10 x Guests in 5 cabins
CREW 12 x Crew + Captain
1 x Captain’s cabin (shared bathroom w/ Officer’s Cabin)
1 x Officer’s cabins with 2 berths
Fo’c’sle w/ 10 berths, 4 of them separated in a Girls cabin
2 x Heads for crew with sink
2 x Showers for crew
FUEL 12,500 litres / 3,302 US gallons
FRESH WATER 9,000 litres / 2,378 US gallons
BLACK WATER 2,500 litres / 660 US gallons
GREY WATER 3,500 litres / 925 US gallons
OWNER & GUESTS
Germania Nova sleeps 10 owners and guests in 5 staterooms aft and up to 13 crew forward. She is laid out in the typical way with the full beam owner’s stateroom aft, 4 guest staterooms with double berths and en-suite bathrooms off a central corridor, the main saloon amidships, and galley, captain’s cabin, officer’s cabin, crew mess and crew accommodations forward. The sound proofed engine room and machinery spaces are beneath the accommodation deck with access for all service routines from the crew area.
Germania Nova’s interior is bright and spacious with egg shell white painted deckheads, bulkheads, and most cabinetry, richly accented with varnished mahogany surfaces, furniture, and cabin soles. Door furniture and hardware, deckhead lights, fiddle rails, etc. are polished brass. All of which is in keeping with the Edwardian period of the yacht.
On deck, Germania Nova is completely traditional in appearance. However, appearances can be deceiving. Of her 21 bronze drum winches, 15 of them are hydraulically powered. What looks to be traditional galvanized turnbuckles, cleats and boom fittings, for instance, are bead blasted stainless steel. The gleaming varnished deck houses and skylights are teak veneered aluminium structures to save weight and ensure watertight integrity.
Since the original yacht did not have an engine, generators, watermakers, air conditioning, and all of the other systems that a modern yacht must have, weight saving was critical in Germania Nova to compensate. Much was achieved in the interior with foam cored panelling and joiner work, and more has been saved on deck. The wooden masts and booms are hollow and the gaffs are faux painted carbon fibre.
The galley is U-shaped and gives direct access to the main saloon. It is built to class with corian countertops, wood laminate flooring and has sufficient equipment.
6. MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
MAIN ENGINE 1 x Deutz AG – BF6M1015MC, Diesel
402Hp / 300kW, with variable pitch propeller
ENGINE HOURS As of 20 September 2017
CHARGERS Mastervolt Mass Charger
INVERTER Mastervolt Mass Sine 24/5000 230 V AC
GENERATORS 1 x 70 kW Kohler
1 x 50 kW Kohler
EMERGENCY GENERATOR 1 x 20 kW Kohler
GENERATORS HOURS As of 20 September 2017
Port-70 kW (17,629 hours)
Stbd-50 kW (20,864 hours)
PROPELLERS Hundestad variable pitch propeller
BOW THRUSTER Hydraulic retractable
AIR CONDITIONING Marine Air with air handlers on deck and 20 fan coils
in the cabins, saloon, etc.
WATER MAKERS 2 x Idromer MC2J @ 130 litres/hour
SANITARY SYSTEM Jets vaccum
WATERTIGHT DOORS Watertight sliding door of the central bulkhead: Winel
ANCHOR WINDLASS 2 x Sets make CARRAL Neptuno hydraulic
7. SAILS AND RIGGING
The original crew of Germania would be completely familiar with the sail handling of Germania Nova if they were able to board today.
The bowspirit, masts and booms are made by Ventis/Netherlands from Oregon pine. The topmasts and jackyards are made from spruce, fine grain, rift cut. The gaffs are made from carbon fibre, surface painted like
wood. The original wooden ones are available for classic races. There is a spinacker boom made from spruce in storage ashore.
Germania Nova has eight working sails built by North sails from Dacron and fashioned in the classic style with leather reinforced corners to maintain the period look. All are raised and sheeted using hydraulic winches, while manual winches are used for lighter work such as running backstays. The 8 working sails are the main sail, main gaff topsail, main topmast staysail, fore sail, fore top-sail, fore stay-sail, jib, jib, and jib top. In addition there are a cruising main, trysail, storm staysail (bright orange colour), spinnacker, and jackyard.
MASTS AND SPARS CONSTRUCTED AS FOLLOWS
· Main and mizzen masts are hollow and double conical laminated wood
· Topmasts are hollow and conical laminated wood
· Booms arehollow and double conical laminated wood
· Gaffs are carbon painted like wood
· Bowsprit is solid glued wood
· The rigging is traditional in style as close to original as possible within the
GL Class rules
· The fittings in the rigging and on deck are made from glass bubble blasted
stainless steel with satin finish. The style is following the original from 1908
· The winches are custom made Meissner winches, produced by Holmatro/
Netherlands. They are hydraulic driven capstan type with two and three speeds
· Sail winches by Holmatro/Meissner Types 6000 H, 400 H, 75 H, and 75
· Masts are made by Ventis, Netherlands from Oregon Pine
· Topmasts are made by Ventis, Netherlands from Spruce
· Fittings in the rigging made from glass bubble blasted stainless steel
· Standing rigging galvanised steel, parcelled and served, made by
Oevelgoenner Tauwerkstatt , Germany
· Sails made by North Sails from Dacron
· Gaffs made from carbon fibre, surface painted like wood
8. COMMUNICATION & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
· The navigation system is integrated and centralised in the deckhouse with
individual operation units installed throughout the vessel
· The system is designed and installed to the standards of the classification
society with relevant documentation
· The system includes: radar, charter plotter system, full GMDSS, AIS,
Navtex, Cassens and Plath compass, Zollner Typhoon, Satellite and GSM
Communication, autopilot, wind indicator, rudder position, speed and
· Repeaters are located at the helm station
· The vessel is equipped with a satellite based internet system with WiFi throughout
· Panasonic KX-DT333 telephone system throughout
· Thrane & Thrane Sailor TT3000E mini-C GMDSS System
· Thrane & Thrane Sailor System 5000 MF/HF
· Thrane & Thrane Sailor 500/250 Fleetbroadband
· Thrane & Thrane Sailor RT5020 VHF
· Furuno Marine Radar FAR-21×7
· Alphatron Alphaminicourse V2 Giro Compass
· Communication is provided with WLAN throughout the boat
· Satellite Communication with Fleet Broadband
· There is a ship’s computer with printer, central telephone system, GSM repeater
· The deck is teak laid on steel and the deckhouses are lightweight
aluminium with teak wood veneer with teak framing
· An external formal dining area for up to 10 people is forward of the main
helm position and has a gimballed table for comfort
· The ‘back’ of the bench seats can be flipped inboard or outboard
depending on the requirements of the guests
· The main deckhouse has seating areas on each outboard side
· There are also fantail cushions for sunbathing
· The ship has under water lighting at the stern and LED lighting of the bulwarks
· The ships sound system can be connected to large portable speakers for parties on deck
· The main saloon has a draft beer system
10. ENTERTAINMENT EQUIPMENT
· The vessel has a TV system able to receive satellite signals in Europe,
Caribbean & the USA
· Flat screen televisions are located in the main saloon, master cabin and crew mess
· The TV in the salon is a mirror TV (switched off a mirror, switched on a TV)
· There is a sound system in all guest cabins, Captain’s cabin and Officer’s cabin
• iPod connections in all cabins with radio/cd players
• · The Main saloon and owner’s suite have 5.1 Dolby surround sound
· Bose Lifestyle DVD System
· Bose Lifestyle V-Class Home Theatre System
· Sony CDX-H905IP
· Outside loudspeakers and amplifier: Altair MF 12
· Arcam Solo Mini in the cabins
11. GALLEY & LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
· Direct steam oven
· Food waste disposer TEKA Tr 50.2
· Miele Microwave oven M8151-2
· Miele Commercial diswasher G8050
• Miele Ceramic induction hobs
• · Miele Coffee Machine CVA 3650ST
· Miele Condenser tumble dryer PT5135C
· Miele Washing machine PW 5065
· Miele Rotary ironer HM 16-83
12. SAFETY & FIREFIGHTING
· Ultra Fog Fire extinguishing system in cabins
· Fire extinguishing system for Engine Room
· Fire alarm system: VIGOTRONICA
· RFD Beaufort MK IV Life rafts
13. TENDERS & WATERTOYS
The vessel has water sports toys sufficient for a charter yacht of this size and type. One kayak, double and mono water ski, and full diving equipment with Bauer dive compressor.
A custom built wooden annex boat is the principal means of transport for guests from the ship to shore. Built in England in 2013 and equipped with an inboard diesel engine it is a very comfortable and stable boat. The tender is CE certified.
The second boat is a rigid inflatable, make DSB, Germany, with a 115 Hp Yamaha Outboard engine. This boat is very well powered for water-skiing. The boat was acquired in 2012 and is SOLAS certified.
Germania Nova is a replica of the famous 1908 schooner ‘Germania’ using identical hull lines, the same sail and deck plans, and faithful replicas of the original deck houses, skylights and companionways.
The original Germania, designed by Max Oertz, was built for Dr. Gustav Krupp, and won the 1908 Cowes Week and many other regattas except, for obvious reasons, when competing against Kaiser Wilhelm’s Meteor. In 1912 she competed in 19 regattas winning 10 and coming second three times. Her racing career ended with the outbreak of the First World War and eventually she was sunk in a storm off Key Biscayne in 1930.
Germania Nova is an admirable achievement, with all of the charm and nostalgia of the Edwardian Era, combined with modern comfort and conveniences.
She is in Class and carries MCA LY2 designation.
GERMANIA NOVA provides guests the opportunity to experience a gentle, relaxing sail or by contrast; an exhilarating experience at sea. Including bowsprit, Germania is an impressive 60m in overall length, and carries 1,200m2 of sail area.
GERMANIA NOVA was built as the same yard as the well-respected 55 metre Herreshoff schooner Elena who has been racing Eleonora (recreation of Westward), Adela (fully restored 55 meter schooner) and Meteor (Huisman recreation) in recent regattas.It will be a fine day to see Germania Nova on the race course with these yachts.
Germania Nova is offered for sale and the rare opportunity exists to join a very exclusive fraternity.
The name GERMANIA NOVA is reserved.
Owner’s personal effects and all items not specifically shown on this listing sheet shall be excluded from the sale.
A detailed inventory list of exclusions will be provided pursuant to a purchase agreement.